In its heyday, the Clover Club was the preferred drink of pre-prohibition gentlemen. It emerged from a Philadelphia men's group called (you guessed it) the Clover Club that met regularly at the Bellevue-Stratford Hotel from the 1880s to the 1920s. This cocktail is Gin Sour with sweet raspberry syrup shaken into frothy and perfectly pink.2 oz Artanical Gin
3/4 oz raspberry syrup
3/4 oz lemon juice
1/2 oz egg whites
Pour all ingredients into a shaker tin, add ice and shake. Strain into a coupe glass and garnish.
Raspberry Syrup Recipe:
12 oz sugar
12 oz water
1/2 0z Boxley Vodka
- Add water and raspberries to a pot on a stove
- Heat to just under a bowl
- Add sugar and stir until completely incorporated
- Strain mixture into a container.
- Stir in half an ounce of Boxley Vodka
Shelf Life: 3 weeks, refrigerated